Monday, August 07, 2006

A Memorable Experience

by Kuswati S.

7 years ago. 10th June 1999 it was my first flight to Singapore. Early in the morning 3 of my friends and I went to the Juanda airport accompanied by one of the female agency's staff called Vera. We were from the same agency in Surabaya. The agency provided us jacket and small luggage with the agency's name printed on it, so that the agency in Singapore will recognize us. After everything was done Vera went back to the office and we waited for our flight. I felt something was not right. I opened my passport, to my surprise..... it was not my passport. It's belong to my friend who are still at the agency.

I was very panic and nervous. I told the airport's staff and asked their permission to call my agency. It was very urgent. So they allowed me to use the telephone. I called my agency and told them about what was happened. They told me to wait at the office. Soon after, they arrived and comforted me to calm down. They told me that everything should be allright. My flight has been cancelled. So I took the next flight.

Soon after, it was time for me to flight. Vera told me to take care, & we said good bye to each other. It was about an hour journey to jakarta. After I arrived at Sukarno-Hatta airport. I run as fast as I could. Because it wasn't much time left fot the next flight to Singapore. My friends who were at the early flight waited for me inside the plane cried for joy to see me again without any worries. I was so happy to be with them again. In the end we flight together to Singapore. We chatted along the journey to Singapore.

It was the most memorable experience that I won't never ever forget. Those lesson thaught me to always careful and remember to check everything before I go out, to make sure that whatever I need has been prepared.

5 comments:

eChie said...

Ahhh, mbak kuswati jago juga cerita dalam bahasa inggris.
Two thumbs up!

*eChie*
menyerah kalah

Dodol Surodol said...

Bagus dan terstruktur. Salah-salah kecilnya nyaris nggak kerasa karena ceritanya ngalir lancar.

Ternyata Mbak Kuswati ini nyampe Singapura 8 hari sebelon saya :)

Unknown said...

Nice story, Interesting life experience, Good English grammar …hmmm….You should write more okay...

Anonymous said...

Bagus nih tulisannya, eh ngomong-ngomong hebat tuh bahasa inggrisnya. Keep it up, ditunggu tulisan selanjutnya,

BundaZidan&Syifa said...

gileee.... salut banget!