Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Memorable Experience

--written by Novita Trirahayu @ Tampines--

Sunday morning, I felt really lazy to wake up.

I flopped over in bad and frowned slightly, from somewhere in the house come the sound of running water, I gave up to get back in to my dream then I heard my sir already went in to toilet. He was really toilet king, he could spent more than an hour inside the toilet reading newspaper.

I just don't bother about him, I get back to sleep but I couldn't do that because I have to do my house work.

I looked at my table clock told me it was still before 6, stretching full length, I tried to get up and I opened the curtains, than saw the sunlight. I was glad it was a sunny day.

A person's birthday should be on a sunny day.

I went to take shower and quickly did house work. I have to finish everything before everyone in the family wakes up.

After finished my work I went downstair to check at the letter box, hopefully I would have some letter or maybe birthday card from my family and friends.

I was surprised and disapointed, it was nothing inside the letter box. I thought everybody had forgotten my birthday, with a glum face I went back home empty handed.

It was already late, past 10 o'clock but my sir and madam haven't come back home yet, I brought the children to the badroom then asked them to have early night because tommorow they have school. I was waiting for my employer to come back so I could have a rest in my own room.

Almost 11 o'clock I heared the door opened, that's means my employer already home. After I said good night to them I went to my room, I've just began to lay down my back on to my bad and ready to sleep, suddenly I heared someone knocked on my door and I heared a very gentle voice, I knew that's Clarea's voice she asked me carried her to her room. I came out carried her in my arm and walked slowly to the room. It was dark outside the living room so I tried to switch the light on, after the light was on I saw a birthday cake [manggo cake was my favorite cake] on the dinning table, and everybody were there my sir, madam, Ivan, Cheryl, and Clara who still in my arm. Cheryl ran in to the piano. She stuck a loud chord on the piano and everybody broke a loud chorus of "Happy Birthday", enthusiastic clapping followed the singing.


I put Clara down and stared at the cake. I was too shy to look at them, after blowing out the candle's I still couldn't speak.

This had started out to be such a lonely birthday, but had ended as teh nicest one I could remember.

I thought that nobody remembered my birthday but my employer and the family gave me such a memorable birthday celebration. I only could say thank you and hugged them. When my madam asked me, what was my wish on my birthday? I did not say a word but deep in my heart, I wish GOD would repay their kindness Amin.


19 comments:

ambaradventure said...

Bu Hany,

Saya suka style penulisannya seperti cerpen dengan kejutan di ending. Simple tapi natural sekali. Bahasanya juga sangat santun, very personal. Salut...

Dodol Surodol said...

...I was glad it was a sunny day.

A person's birthday should be on a sunny day.


Yang di atas? Top!

Anonymous said...

mengharukan....hik..hik....

Anonymous said...

mengharukan....hik..hik....

Anonymous said...

Ceritanya sangat sederhana tetapi penyampaiannya simpel dan mudah dicerna. Bahkan saya bisa ikut merasakan apa yang dirasakan penulis.

Proficiat!

Anonymous said...

Setuju!
Cerita simple meski pada awalnya agak membingungkan alurnya. Tapi isi cerita dan bagian akhirnya benar-benar menghanyutkan. Jadi ingin ikutan nangis karena terharu.

Very good!

Anonymous said...

Iya, mengharukan.. jadi ikut2an nangis... hehehe...

Unknown said...

Ceritanya lumayan bagus, alurnya sederhana, kayak cerpen dan sesuai dengan judulnya.

Hanya huruf "I" supaya dikurangi untuk menghindari kesan "bosan" bagi pembaca...

eChie said...

Bagusnya tulisan ini adalah penulis bisa membawa pembaca sampai klimaks di akhir cerita. Menulis cerita pendek itu sangat sulit.

eChie
-disela-sela On call-

Anonymous said...

bahasa inggrisnya bagus, cara berceritanya bagus, endingnya juga bagus. selamat selamat...

Beng said...

ceritanya bagus, bikin orang mau bca terus sampai endingnya. Mengharukan lagi

Anonymous said...

i vote for this one!!
eh... ini yg nilai tetep juri ato berdasarkan voting sih? tapi so far, ini favoritkuh.....
ayo mbak.... menulis terus yah! kapan2 bisa bikin cerpen nih kliatannya..
bravo!

cheers,
:o)

Anonymous said...

Iya mbak Novita ini pinter n rajin. Di kelas suka inisiatif tanya sesuatu dan suka menjawab apabila yg lain pada diam. Sepertinya IQnya dia tinggi, mungkin nasib aja dia ga bisa sekolah lanjut.

BundaZidan&Syifa said...

Te-O-Pe Be-Ge-Te deh!

kennysia said...

Your English is a lot better than many Singaporean's English.

Anonymous said...

Tulisan ini indah. Saya terharu. Air mata saya mengalir membaca tulisan ini. Bahasa Inggris-nya pun bagus. Kalau saya singgah di Singapura, saya ingin sekali bertemu Mbak Novita (dan juga penulis2 lainnya).

blanthik_ayu said...

gw ikutan merinding terharu deh bacanya...salam buat mbak novita ya bu guru...:D

Anonymous said...

hi mbak novita

honestly, i'm very impresing about this one. gak sadar, air mataku menetes....mbak.....bukan aku cengeng lho, tapi terharu banget....

thanks for the story

adi

rotten said...

Indah sekali.
*terharu.